Terms and Conditions
- Trip cost is listed on the Schedule and Booking page.
- A deposit of 1000 USD per passenger is required to retain the booking, full payment must be made 120 days before departure.
- Payment of deposit constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Deposits and payments are non-refundable but are transferable to other people in advance of the trip. In the event trip cannot be taken deposits may also be placed toward future trips by the depositor at Surf Banyak’s discretion.
- Trip cost includes three meals per day plus snacks; free soft drinks, juices, water and isotonic drinks; all transfers from Gunungsitoli to the Seriti. The trip cost is based on 12 passengers. Exclusive use of the boat for fewer passengers is possible for an additional fee.
- Trip dates may be adjusted if needed – contact us for details
- Trip cost does not include travel to Gunungsitoli or Simeulue, excess baggage charges, airport departure taxes (Rp.200,000 [~$US18] for international departures at Medan, Rp.70000 each way on domestic flights), Banyak govt entry fee (approx $US 35/person/trip), visas or travel insurance. Our Sumatran partners can organise meet and greet in Medan, hotels and domestic flights to your charter. You can pre-order the transfer package as part of your trip with Surfbanyak.com at the following rates:
- Medan – Gunungsitoli Transfer package:
$400 (2016 charters) per passenger (Return flights + all meet/greets in Sumatra/Nias or Simeulue, including transfer of boards/luggage)
Accommodation in Medan (twin/double rooms):
Danau Toba or equivalent $50/night; Marriott $100/night
- If transfers are booked, we must have all customer information requested on our Customer Information Form submitted at least 60 days prior to the charter departure, otherwise air transportation to your charter cannot be guaranteed and there is a chance you will travel overland.
- Note that if you wish to organise your own transportation to your charter, many domestic air carriers will not carry surfboards, particularly for a group, even where their official policies say they will. We are happy for experienced travelers to handle their own transport to their charter, but we cannot guarantee that departure will be delayed if your boards are somewhere else.
- Travel insurance is compulsory and not included in trip cost. It is advised that you take out a policy at the time of paying deposit to cover you should you not be able to make your trip or there are any other unforeseen circumstances out of your or our control
- All care is taken but no responsibility is assumed for death or injury occurring during the trip. Surfing can be a dangerous activity and you are visiting a remote location far from hospitals: please ensure that your travel insurance covers you for all medical issues. While we have air charters in the region who can do medical evacuations, there is no official medical evacuation service – your medivac insurance will simply reimburse you for costs, which you must be able to pay in advance.
- No responsibility is assumed for any loss or cancellation of any part of the trip due to weather, natural disasters or events outside Surf Banyak’s control. In all other cases, Surf Banyak’s liability will be limited to the amount paid to us for the trip.
- Please see the Getting to Your Charter page for details on when you must arrive. Ensure your travel insurance covers you in case of missed connections due to weather or domestic flight cancellations.
- Alcohol can be ordered in advance and is supplied at cost prices – basic spirits are available at USD50/bottle. Beer is $40/carton (24 pack). Wine is available at $40/bottle. Payment can be made on arrival in AUD/USD or IDR. You are welcome to provide your own alcohol, and you are allowed to bring one litre into Indonesia duty free. Please note that there are harsh penalties for drug importation and use in Indonesia.
- You may also require cash for drinks, tips, T-shirts ($15) and USB sticks. If you are bringing a USB stick or drive to collect photos we recommend a minimum of 16GB, preferably 32GB+.
- The skipper is responsible for maintaining the safest and most enjoyable environment possible for our guests, and his instructions must be followed at all times. Failure to follow the skipper’s orders may result in you being removed from the boat and returned to mainland Sumatra without refund.
- Most of these rules are common sense. Bring a good attitude and you can be sure that you’ll have a great time in the the amazing Banyak Islands!
- Should there be any delays or hold ups with luggage, boards or guests any additional charges will be incurred upon the guest.
- In the instance where there are delays due to weather, cancelled or delayed flights or circumstances out of our control any additional charges will be incurred upon guests